Chemical spill in Heavitree Road, Exeter
At 10.42am this morning two appliances one from Danes Castle and one from Middlemoor were called to a report of a chemical leak in Heavitree Road, Exeter.
On arrival crews donned gas tight suits and breathing appratus to safety access the boiler room located in the basement of a swimming pool complex.
The Environment Unit was requested which was sent from Crediton with a support appliance.
Following advice from the hazmat officer using hazmat support kit the chemicals were indentified and downgraded and fire crew re entered the risk area in breathing appratus and gaunlets for final inspection.
BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC 1.0 ECOBOOST FOR ONLY £7685*View details
DRIVE AWAY A BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC FOR ONLY £7685.
1.0 100PS Manual
Electric Windows & Mirrors
Quickclear Heated Windscreen
15" Alloy Wheels
Bluetooth with Ford Sync
*Drive away from only £7685 and then pay nothing for 24 months!
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
A quantity of liquid leaking from an unknown source mixed with crystalised granules confirmed as chlorine. The incident was made safe.