Crews tackle chimney fire at thatched property on Luscombe Hill, Dawlish
Devon and Somerset fire and rescue service attended a chimney fire at a thatched property in Dawlish yesterday evening.
One appliance from Dawlish and one from Teignmouth attended the fire in Bere Cottages, Luscombe Hill, Dawlish at 17:30 yesterday. On arrival the crews found a fire in the chimney where the chimney stack was shared by two properties.
The crews used chimney gear, lighting, two hose reel jets, small tools and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.
At 21:40 the crew from Dawlish revisited the property to check there were no further hot spots.
BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC 1.0 ECOBOOST FOR ONLY £7685*View details
1.0 100PS Manual
Electric Windows & Mirrors
Quickclear Heated Windscreen
15" Alloy Wheels
Bluetooth with Ford Sync
*Drive away from only £7685 and then pay nothing for 24 months!
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013