Elderly woman rescued from Exmouth house fire
An elderly woman was rescued from a blaze on Gibson Close in Exmouth on Wednesday night.
The fire service received the report of smoke within a property and a smoke alarm sounding at 9:41pm.
Two fire appliances from Exmouth were mobilised and on arrival crews found a fire within the ground floor kitchen area. One elderly female was led to safety by fire crews.
Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hose reel jet and ventilated the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC 1.0 ECOBOOST FOR ONLY £7685*View details
DRIVE AWAY A BRAND NEW FORD B-MAX ZETEC FOR ONLY £7685.
1.0 100PS Manual
Electric Windows & Mirrors
Quickclear Heated Windscreen
15" Alloy Wheels
Bluetooth with Ford Sync
*Drive away from only £7685 and then pay nothing for 24 months!
Contact: 01626 240583
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The cause of the fire was accidental involving the cooker.