Exeter buildings in running for architecture prize
Two buildings in Exeter have been shortlisted for a prestigious architecture award.
The Forum project at the University of Exeter’s Streatham campus and the revamped Royal Albert Memorial Museum are in the running for the 2013 Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) South West Award.
The Forum was designed by Wilkinson Eyre Architects and the RAMM extension by Allies and Morrison Architects, both London-based firms.
They have been shortlisted along with 16 other projects selected from 52 entries across the South West.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Wednesday, May 22 2013
Annie Martin, of Cheriton Bishop, is on the shortlist for her work on Gledswood Cottage, on the edge of Dartmoor at Chagford.
The RIBA South West Awards recognise “good, innovative architecture” within the region. Shortlisted projects will now be assessed by a regional jury with the winners announced on Wednesday, June 12, at an awards ceremony in Swindon.
Regional winners can then be considered for a highly-coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence on a national platform.
The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the best building of the year will be drawn from the RIBA National Award winning buildings.
The projects shortlisted for the RIBA South West Awards are:
1. Stillpoint, Bath (Mitchell Taylor Workshop/Piers Taylor Riverpoint, Bath)
2. Beacon Edge, Bath (Casa Architects, Bath)
3. Innox Lodge, Bath (Designscape, Bath)
4. Lakeshore, Bristol (Ferguson Mann, Bristol)
5. Chedworth Roman Villa, nr Cheltenham (Feilden Clegg Bradley, Bath)
6. St Peter’s Catholic Primary School, Gloucester (Feilden Clegg Bradley, Bath)
7. Cranham Lodge, nr Cheltenham (Batterham Matthews, Bath)
8. Heartlands, Redruth (Stride Treglown, Truro)
9. The Exchange, Falmouth University (Burrell Deakins, London)
10. University of Exeter Forum Project, Exeter (Wilkinson Eyre, London)
11. Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter (Allies and Morrison, London)
12. Gledswood Cottage, Chagford, Devon (Annie Martin Architect, Cheriton Bishop)
13. Berry Head Rocks, Brixham (Stan Bolt Architect, Brixham)
14. The Green House, Newton Ferrers, Plymouth (Stan Bolt Architect, Brixham)
15. Poole Harbour Second Crossing, Poole (Wilkinson Eyre, London)
16. Bryanston School Boathouse, Blandford (Adams and Collingwood, London)
17. Big Shed (Assembly Workshop), Beaminster (AA Design & Make, Mitchell Taylor Workshop, Invisible Studio)
18. Castle Green Bridge, Taunton (Moxon Architects, London)