Man taken to hospital after fire at Stowey Arms, Exminster, near Exeter
ONE man was taken to hospital after fire broke out at a pub near Exeter.
The fire broke out in the kitchen of the Stowey Arms, Exminster, at around 8.30am today and fire engines were sent from the Danes Castle and Middlemoor stations along with retained officers from the Topsham fire station with white watch commander Paul Vowden was in charge of the incident
The fire was found to be centred on an extractor fan in the kitchen and the injured man had suffered smoke inhalation and burns to his hands in an attempt to fight the fire.
Fireman Nigel Deasy said crews dealt with the fire using four breathing apparatus sets, one hose reel, one main jet and a positive pressure ventilation fan.
A Full Dermalogica Facial,which lasts 1 and 1/2 hours,including Back,Neck,Shoulder Massage, now only £35.
Terms: Voucher must be quoted while booking appointment.Voucher must be presented on appointment.
Contact: 01392 348280
Valid until: Monday, September 30 2013
He said: "The property was severely smoke logged with smoke issuing from the eaves and a thermal imaging camera equipment was used to check the building.
"It appears the fire developed and its severity increased because the extractor fan was clogged with grease.
"We would like to take this opportunity to urge those with such fans to check for such build ups."