Two stuck in lift and Christmas Kitchen fire as Devon Fire service kept busy on Christmas day
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service have been kept busy on Christmas day dealing with over 14 incidents across the region.
Amongst those dealt with were two stuck in a lift in Newton Abbott after the Fire Service received a call reporting persons stuck in a lift on East Street. Two fire appliances from Newton Abbot attended at 4:51pm.
Fire crews released two children from the lift car, uninjured, using small tools.
The Fire Service also received a call reporting a kitchen fire at Palmerston Drive, Exwick, Exeter. One fire appliance from Danes Castle Exeter and one fire appliance from Middlemoor Exeter were mobilised.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, May 26 2013
Fire crews confirmed a small fire involving the cooker and adjacent flooring in a ground floor kitchen. The fire was extinguished by fire crews using small tools and a thermal image camera to identify and cut away any hot spots. The property was ventilated using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
Another kitchen fire was dealt with in North Devon after an elderly woman 'burnt her duck legs in the over.'
Barnstaple fire fighter John Lilley told ThisIsNorthDevon: "An elderly woman who was living alone had burnt her duck legs in the oven.
"The fat had caught fire and the kitchen was full of smoke.
"We removed the grill pan from the oven and ventilated the property.
"The duck legs looked pretty well done once we'd got them out."
No one was injured.